Steve's Health Bars


This is a recipe I got from my friend, Susan. Her trainer gave it to her. All the ingredients can be found at your local food store or Whole foods.
These bars are so nutritious, packed with protein and fiber.
Once they have baked and cooled, cut them into 2 inch squares and take them as your mid morning snack, your breakfast or midafternoon snack.
Enjoy!
I am going to change this recipe up a bit. Steve designed the recipe and after making them again. I changed it myself. Every baking recipe needs a leavening component such as eggs and milk. So here are my edits.
Add two egg whites and instead of water use skim milk or soy milk.
Also, instead of 3 c. of 10 grain cereal, do 2 1/4 c. cereal and 3/4 c. flax meal. The flax meal is used to moisten product. In baking, you can use this in stead of canola oil.
Also, I added two cups of unsweetened applesauce in place of bananas. I also added unsweetened dried cranberries. These are hard to find but I found them at Whole foods.
Have a great day.

Comments

2 Responses to "Steve's Health Bars"

Anonymous said... November 19, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Can't wait to try these!! Thanks for sharing.
MMB

Nancy said... November 21, 2009 at 3:54 AM

MMB,
So use protein powder, use 70% cocoa chips.
I would actually just do half a batch. They will last you quite a while. I will do the calorie count as well.
Enjoy!

Post a Comment