It is all about the abs!!!

It is all about what you inherit from your parents. My Mom had eleven children, I am number four and she still has a six pack at 79, kind of but you know what I mean. So, I have been lucky enough to inherit her genes, BUTTTTTTTTT, I also work at it. I was a cardio queen for years, ran several marathons, did over 100 triathlons, swam the San Francisco Bay etc.but I think the key is, pilates, yoga and swimming. Pilates makes you stand up taller, makes you use your core-abs. Yoga does the same by doing ton of balancing poses, stretching, and holding your own body weight. With swimming you get your cardio and also use your whole body to move through the water plus, you are not pounding on pavement. I know it gets tougher as we get older but you have to consume less calories and continue to exercise...Have a nice weekend.

Comments

3 Responses to "It is all about the abs!!!"

Unknown said... September 6, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Umm, about inheriting the "six pack"gene...I didn't get any of that and I'm not sure anyone else in the family did. But okay that's a good one!!

Nancy said... September 10, 2009 at 3:30 AM

OH Shusssssssssssssh. LOL

Nancy said... September 15, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Congrats to Tara for figuring out how to leave a comment. And I didn't see her tummy, but she DID inherit the "beautiful" gene.

Post a Comment