Delicious and nutritious "Green Soup"


I have been having back problems and a yoga friend of mine told me to make sure I get plenty of leafy greens for healing. So, I went to the store bought, swiss chard, kale, collard greeens and leeks. Cut and sauted in EVOO, then added chili flakes, salt and pepper. Added two containers of veggie stock and let it come to a boil and then simmer for about 30 minutes. When it cooled slightly, I put it in the cuisinart and ground in batches. Added grated parmesan and some croutons and it was delicious.
As I was reading Yoga Journal today, what do you know, there was a Green Soup Recipe.
How funny is that! This recipe has sweet potatoes which will give it some sweetness and a smoother texture. Very healthy and filling.

Comments

0 Responses to "Delicious and nutritious "Green Soup""

Post a Comment